Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-12-2005, 04:44 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is It Like A Nest ?

Last night when all the lights were off I could see shadows moving in my puffer tanks so I investigated and turned on the light. I then saw the female puffer fish creating a ditch and the male as watching her, as he was sitting on top of the filter. She carryed on moving the sand using her body. I thought nothing of it at the time and turned the lights of and went to sleep. This morning when I woke up the male and female were about 2 inches away from each other just staring into each others eyes lol.

I just checked all my records regarding this species as I recorded alot of data from my previous breeding pair. Alot of the things my new puffers are doing are the same as what my old ones did so i am hoping that they are getting ready to spawn. As I am aware they are more active during the night I have placed towel over the tank so they are not disturbed as we have some private decorators round our house at the moment lol.

Does it sound like she is making a nest for some eggs lol

I hope so, but even if they dont they are one stay closer to completing courtship lol. 8). I am so glad I did not move them into another tank; thank you every one who told me not to

Old 09-12-2005, 04:53 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bump ....

Old 09-12-2005, 05:01 AM   #3
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Sounds like nest-building to me.
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Toirtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:28 AM   #4

you posted at 3:44 and bumped it at 3:53.. honestly could you not have waited more than 9 minutes for a response? I think it is common courtesy to give at least 24 hours before bumping

EDIT: especially for a non emergency..
Old 09-12-2005, 06:49 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry AshleyNicole but I was extremely excited and wanted to know and have a busy day, therefore I was not sure if I would be able to view the forum again today or even tomorrow as it is my first day at college.

P.S. Sorry If I offended you or any other members, excitement got one over on me
Old 09-15-2005, 06:15 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

did they mated?

Tags
nest

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com