Is my albino corydoras ready to breed yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicki Gaga

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've conditioned my albino corydoras with live food and flake food. What do I do now? There's another male in the tank and he ALWAYS swims with this female.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

• Pregnancy.jpg
    Pregnancy.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 219
Do a water change with the new water slightly colder than the tank water. This is supposed to induce spawning.

Ideally to breed them you would want to put them in a bare bottom tank half full at their normal temp. Then add a gallon or two daily at 5-10 degrees cooler(careful not to put the temp difference directly on the glass). By the time the tank is full it should be cool enough to induce spawning.

Do you think I should do the water change tomorrow or wait one more week?

Because I read to let the nitrates build up first, then do a massive water change. Should I do a 15% water change?

From my understanding Corys can be sensitive to nitrates and this barbels will deteriorate at elevated levels. I would say to trigger spawning change 50%.

Okay I'll do it next week. It's too late right now and I'm busy during the weekdays.

Back
Top Bottom