Is my Betta laying eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
My female betta, Serenity, keeps dropping these little white balls from the bottom of her abdomen.... are those eggs or just somethin funkeh ._. ?

Probably, but since you don't have a male with her to impregnate/create bubble nest/care for them I wouldn't worry about it.

Though... maybe you could add a male (keep them seperated for a while, put the male in a large bag and float it to make sure they'll get along) maybe something magical/unlikely will happen.

Though... maybe you could add a male (keep them seperated for a while, put the male in a large bag and float it to make sure they'll get along) maybe something magical/unlikely will happen.

No magic is involved....just allot of agression :roll:

I would first research web sites before you have a go at breeding.
Yes they are probably eggs.
Just google for : breeding bettas , and you'll come up with allot of info!
OR use the search function on this site! I'm sure you'll find plenty of info, as this has been discussed allot of times already! :wink:
HTH!

I tried that and got a lot of confusion ^^;... Spike actually made a whole mass of bubbles at the top of the vase i have him in and then I had to stick Serenity in there because I had a molly birth so I evacuated all my fish and I didn't want her in with one of my previous litter of molly(the other ones died) since it progressed so far and I didn't want to risk her in there with them

Serenity ate the eggs after she laid them... and suprisingly was "puffing out" at Spike which she normally doesn't do to him...^^; i thought it was kinda funny

serenity being? I hope not another female betta, do not keep them together as they will rip eachother apart, just as much as male bettas together (( just a little bit slower and such ))

Actually you can keep a male and female in the same tank. At our LFS one of the employees has a female and 2 males in a tank with other fish! They say that they are actually not to aggresive with other fish involved. :rocol: :invasion:

Actually, no! We had bettas for almost two years and they were always in the same tank. They did very well together. 1 female and 1 male.

Back
Top Bottom