Is my corydoras pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicki Gaga

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been feeding my albino corydoras a lot more than usual lately, if this is what you call 'conditioning'. I have the male and female in the breeding tank and the female is eating constantly. When do you think I should do the cold water change and at what time? How long usually before they start breeding after the water change? Thanks.1500501042461.jpg1500501047681.jpg

I "accidentally" successfully breeded/produced corydora. They have been producing eggs every year, usually in cold season of the year. Last year, I noticed tiny creatures swimming around the bottom of my tank. Turned out that these are new hatched corydoras. I just let them since I don't really plan to breed. There were probably 100 of them and only 1 survived. It's about 1.5 inch now.

To answer your question, I don't think your cory is pregnant. They really like to reproduce/copulate in cold temperature. During summer is highly unlikely. I could be wrong. Just do water change as usual. I still did 25% water-change every week even when there were eggs all around my aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom