Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boring name View Post
Haha that's great. I would love for this to become a sticky. Be very helpful to all the newcomers.
I'm working on it but for now, I think we need to keep bumping it to the front page so it doesn't get lost in the back.
A good word from my fellow AAers might help get this sticky thing "stuck" on the front page.

Happy fish keeping

Old 07-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Lets keep this alive. I can't believe the mods haven't made this a sticky by now. This is a topic that is brought up multiple times a day. basically if your live bearer is a female it is pregnant.

Old 07-12-2014, 04:01 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascowboys16 View Post
Lets keep this alive. I can't believe the mods haven't made this a sticky by now. This is a topic that is brought up multiple times a day. basically if your live bearer is a female it is pregnant.

That's 200% true haha
Old 07-13-2014, 05:58 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

IMO more than mere curiosity of a fish being pregnant/gravid, it is the excitement of having a fish spawn in the home aquarium. This is basically what leads to multiple threads created so often. Ich for eg, is a common disease that can prove fatal if not treated correctly. However how many thread here have been attributed to it?

P.S. only an Admin or a mod has the authority to make this thread a sticky.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:39 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks for the info. "Gravid" sounds a tad better than the "full of 'googs' " terminology I used!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 07-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hroom88 View Post
. Ich for eg, is a common disease that can prove fatal if not treated correctly. However how many thread here have been attributed to it?

P.S. only an Admin or a mod has the authority to make this thread a sticky.

I can only fight one front at a time.

I think it would great if there was also a sticky to a chart of common fish diseases and best treatments for them. A lack of full understanding of diseases, in many cases, is the reason there are so many threads for them. I can blame this on everyone from the store down to the hobbyist. IMO, If everyone had a book about proper fish care and diseases when they first set up a tank, there would be a lot less threads on this site and others about problems and more threads about good experiences to share. You don't want to know how large my library was when I got started and how much bigger it got by the time I was out of the business. lol

As for "P.S. only an Admin or a mod has the authority to make this thread a sticky.", thanks, one has already contacted me regarding this. We are working it out

Anyone want to take up the challenge for disease stickies?
Old 07-13-2014, 12:35 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sager View Post
I can only fight one front at a time.

I think it would great if there was also a sticky to a chart of common fish diseases and best treatments for them. A lack of full understanding of diseases, in many cases, is the reason there are so many threads for them. I can blame this on everyone from the store down to the hobbyist. IMO, If everyone had a book about proper fish care and diseases when they first set up a tank, there would be a lot less threads on this site and others about problems and more threads about good experiences to share. You don't want to know how large my library was when I got started and how much bigger it got by the time I was out of the business. lol

As for "P.S. only an Admin or a mod has the authority to make this thread a sticky.", thanks, one has already contacted me regarding this. We are working it out

Anyone want to take up the challenge for disease stickies?
Im up for the disease sticky, Ive actually been thinking about doing one for a long time and this just gave me the little extra push.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

I had thought of that a long time ago, but also realized identifying each disease accurately can be a tricky proposition. Without more than sufficient experience, you might end up with a lot of people across the globe putting a price on your head.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

newbie here as some may know.. thanks for the tip. helps even if its basic info.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 08-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

my guppy pregnant or no? sry pics blurry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1205.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	245554  

Tags
fish, newb, newbie, pregnant

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com