Is my girl squared off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylittlemollies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good afternoon, here are some updated pictures of my little lady and just want clarification as to whether she is "squared off" and are they gravid spots I can see? Thank you in advance.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406693583.637688.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406693638.283780.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is she a balloon molly or regular? If she isn't a balloon, I'd definitely say she's pregnant. Mine had 30+ babies over a month ago and did not look that big!

She is a balloon Molly. Do you know if they are gravid spots at the back?

Oh, that's different then. She does look squarish to me. My white molly had the dark spots at first the last time she was expecting but they went away well before she had the babies. The firs time she had a dark spot the whole time but it lightened a bit as she got bigger. I can't see them well enough to tell, but that's probably what it is if she didn't have that previously. I am used to looking at a regular molly though. They told me that they can have babies every 30 days, but mine had 3 in April and then 30+ in June. She was absolutely huge the second time! My molly also did not seem interested in eating the babies nor did the betta that is in the tank with her. I lost a few because I didn't see them at first (dark substrate in tank, dark babies) and sucked them up when I was cleaning. I have lost two since they have gotten bigger. Currently I am overrun with mollies so I am giving the babies away. Good luck with your girl. She certainly is pretty.

Last edited:
Has your Molly had her babies? My Molly is still swimming around looking like she's going to pop!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406950633.174074.jpg

No still no babies :-( wow your girl is huge!! And very pretty too

Thank you. She's been super sweet and I feel bad that I wasn't prepared, but maybe next fine she will feel more comfortable. I've only had her for three weeks.

No. I took her out after reading about that possibly stressing her out. She was only in the box for less than 24 hrs.

Yes I put my girl in a box but took her out because she didn't look happy. I don't even know if she is expecting still :-(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406954846.304774.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406954846.304774.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 59
Those are some big looking mommas, lol. My recommendation is feeding the mommas a TINY amount of food while they give birth, if not interested I don't continue. Will offer a tiny amount about every hour. But past experience for me says hungry mommas fed, are happy mommas! :lol:

Do you think my girl is expecting Autumnsky?

Back
Top Bottom