Is my guppy pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, I've got a 10 gallon tank that's populated by 3 guppies, a bristlenose pleco and a very tame betta (as far as I can tell). I've got a filter, heater, about 4 live plants and driftwood. I had purchased 4 guppies a while ago, roughly a week, and yesterday the one male passed away. Unfortunately, I didn't see what caused his death and my betta has been very reclusive and doesn't flare up at the guppies at all. The male had quite the hole in his side, so I'd assume he was assaulted when I wasn't looking. There weren't any signs of disease, but considering how calm the betta was with all the guppies, I'd be a bit surprised if he did attack him.
Anyway, getting to the real point, I believe the male must've bred at some point with possibly two of my females. One of them seems a bit bloated and her gavid spot is quite dark. The other girl looks like her gavid spot is a bit orange and she's also a tad bloated. The two that appear to be pregnant are occasionally rubbing against my plants and driftwood. I heard this could be a sign of either pregnancy or disease, especially when combined with a bit of bloating.
Thanks in advance for any help or opinions.

Attachments

• 20170507_040509.jpg
    20170507_040509.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20170507_035819.jpg
    20170507_035819.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 98
The females may have even come from the lfs pregnant. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom