Is my Guppy pregnant, guppies are new to me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppy1216

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any opinions? Thanks. I have 7 guppies total 4 male and 3 females..bought them last week from pets mart.

ForumRunner_20130611_224130.jpg

IMG_20130611_165216-1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20130611_170037-1.jpg
    IMG_20130611_170037-1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 73
Yes i thinks it pregnant but i would get more females if i were you
I agree. Ideally you should have a ratio of 1m/2f, better still, 1m/3f. She looks like she could drop in the next few days, 3-4. It can be hard to guess. What's your plan for the fry and what size tank have you got???

I have a 10 gallon, as soon as i see the fry i will put them in a large container ..ppl said they like shallow water so it will be about 4-5 inches of water..
Im excited ..thanks for responding...after they are of size i will add them in my tank.

I have a 10 gallon, as soon as i see the fry i will put them in a large container ..ppl said they like shallow water so it will be about 4-5 inches of water..
Im excited ..thanks for responding...after they are of size i will add them in my tank.
They will still need a heater and filter. They will be super sensitive to the water quality and it needs to be pristine. IMO a breeder net would be a better option. I have guppies myself and have raised them from fry. One of my females, that I raised, just gave birth to 15 fry 2 nights ago!!!....
Also, she looks quite big, so expect at least 20 fry. Even with a few deaths, stillborns and the female eating some, you will have too many for your 10g....

Ok ty..that was my plan A..but i read online about putting them in another tank...but i guess i needed a second opinion, so i will buy the breeder net..lol plus its more my budget anway thanks.

Looks pregnant..I have a female that is a little bigger than that even and it still hasn't dropped. I think the male is harassing it too much, even with another female. I might move it to another tank so it can drop them in peace. Goodluck with your fry!

Ok ty..that was my plan A..but i read online about putting them in another tank...but i guess i needed a second opinion, so i will buy the breeder net..lol plus its more my budget anway thanks.
Another tank would be ideal and probably best. I trade mine to my LFS for credit, so he will take them even when they are small, 1-2months. If you plan on keeping them or raising them to adults, a 20g would be perfect. You could get away with another 10g, but be prepared to do more water changes than usual. Have a look on Craigslist, you might pick up a decent tank for cheap....
I have a 12g for the adults, 2m/5f and a 15g for the fry.....
PS... Tanks, the fry caught me a bit off guard. She wasn't due for another 5 days!!!

Back
Top Bottom