Is my Molly preggo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangelover77

Aquarium Advice Freak
The last couple days she been hiding a lot but today she came out long enough for me to snap a few pictures. The hiding is really unusual for her. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395364850.387451.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395364874.451447.jpg

I think your molly might be, do you know how many males you have? I have 1 male out of all my baby mollies, he looks just like yours ;) but with the male fin of course lol

When I first got her I only had one male. He was very old though. She is my newest addition and I only added her like 2 weeks ago. I'm thinking she may have been pregnant when I bought her? Any estimate on fry? And what about my platies? I'm sorry I just love my fishys.

It is fine:) I like the fact that you love your fish, and you can admit to it hehe. I let my boyfriend talk to people about my tanks lol, I feel like a fish hoarder. But as far as I can tell, your molly may be pregnant, but may take a bit before she is ready. And I agree that if you bought her from a tank with males, she is bound to be prego. It's just a matter of time now. As for your platies, I believe they may be pregnant. Just not sure how far along they are. I love orange platies, they are so vibrant!

I love them too!! I'm so scared my fry will get eaten! :'( I would hate myself! Lol. My fishys and my brother are my favorite things in the world!! Lol! My brother lives with me part of the time and he wants to add more fish to my tank? Do you think that's okay or no? He is bound and determined he's going to get some fish. He can't just wait for the fry!!! Ugh 8 year olds....

I know what you mean. I used to live with my brother from time to time, but his chores got to me and I didn't feel like being a maid. hahaha (He is 23) As for new fish, not sure if you should add anymore. How big is your tank? And how long has it been running for?

It's not big at all. It's only 10 gal. My brother is 8, I'm 18. He kills me... He tells me all the time how I'm getting puffier ( cause I'm 6 months pregnant) and how he thinks it's cause I'm too addicted to my fish and it's unhealthy and causing me to swell... He's a mess...

Omg wow. Little brothers eh? He he I have a 14 year old bro too. He may not be 10 years younger than me, but he sure acts like it. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I understand!! He's more like my kid than my brother, lol. It's kind of weird I guess bit that's just how we had to grow up and now that I'm 18, I went to court against my parents and got primary custody of him so yeah! I have A LOT going on... Wish I could just go to college like a normal person. But yeah it's just him, me, and my fishys.

Wow, you sound like a strong little lady. I send you my best wishes over sea! Must be hard, I couldn't imagine taking care of my little brother. Seems like overwhelming responsibility. At least you can unwind and chill with your fish though:)

IT IS!!! Thank you so so so much! My fish are really the only thing that help me unwind. I love them. :) <3

You've helped so so so so so much!! Now if I can only make up my mind... I have a really tank so I have a limited number of fish. I really want a Betta another Glofish and a balloon belly... I guess I'm suppose to only pick one more though... :( and then me and my brother still have to agree! Also I want a snail? Is that okay? Lol.

I think the snail would be such a bad idea, they can help with algae. Depending on what type you get. Some like to burrow.

Oops lol my mistake. Snail= good. Just make sure not to over feed your tank, you will have hundreds in no time.

What kind of snail did you have in mind? I have mystery snails and ramshorn snails:)

What do you suggest?? I'm really looking for ANYTHING I can add to my tank with out over stocking. I was thinking a mystery snail cause I heard apple snails got really really big.

Hmmm as long as you can keep up with their messes, they should be fine:) They also like to eat green veggies! The softer, the faster they eat it;)

Back
Top Bottom