Is my molly pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

napacook

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm not sure if she is she is larger than the other female and not as rounded as the other if she is how long should I wait to put her in the floating tank?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440504066.115467.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440504083.757603.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440504098.047348.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she is, if she is it will take about 2-3 weeks for her to give birth congrats ?

Sent from the crayfish lover Mine Shaker

Awesome will I have to separate her now I only noticed about 4days ago so no idea I'm still very new to the fish scene

Awesome will I have to separate her now I only noticed about 4days ago so no idea I'm still very new to the fish scene

Yes you would need to because fish eat there babies, you should get a small fry nursery to house the mom until she is fully done giving birth to the fry. then you can put her back in the tank. but house the fry in the small nursery until there big so they won't get mistaken for food.

Ps I get my fry nurseries from Amazon. Just make sure they have good ratings.

If you need any other help feel free to ask me ?

Thanks! ive bought a fish breeder or fry trap how long should I keep my Molly inside plus I have no idea how far gone she is
She's not in there at the moment,
guy at the store said to wait a week before putting her in

Keep her inside until she gave birth to every single baby

Only put a female fish in a breeding trap if they are really ready to pop out babies. They will get stressed, and can die in those traps. They also need to swim around, and should really only ever be kept in there for a few days at a time. Some will be too stressed by the breeding traps and will actually refuse to drop fry in them, while some will be fine with it. Depends on the fish and the tank. Also, be aware that larger mollies and similar livebearers will sometimes eat the fry in those traps with them. They are not generally high on maternal instinct. In fact, it is usually pretty non existent.
Also, I am not sure that is a molly. I agree it look like a swordtail, or perhaps a variatus platy. That said, same behavior, and gorgeous fish. Good luck!

Yep thank you it is a swordtail lol I'm still new to this thank you very informative! I get confused with my Dalmatian mollies to my sword as my Dalmatian are pretty much black haha!

Back
Top Bottom