Is my Molly ready??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kemar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Molly stopped eating as much as she would (she was greedy) and not swimming around actively. I recently moved her to a tank by herself and water parameters are good. She literally stays still staring in the glass. What do you guys think? Is she ready because she doesn't look boxy(squared off) to me

New and excited hobbyist

She is pregnant but not having her babies... I wake everyday thinking I'm gonna see Fry... frustrating much. She is super fat, super greedy and super not having babies

New and excited hobbyist

Her pic

New and excited hobbyist

Attachments

• 1399193851450.jpg
    1399193851450.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 60
well with live bearers they have a gestation rate of 3 months but they can store the sperm for 3 and you might want to separate her if there are other fish like the male it could be causing her stress.

I went about an hour ago to feed my plecos some cucumber and noticed some small eyes looking at me from under a plant leaf. I'm guessing its a moly fry as i have 3 pregnant Molly's atm they all are acting the same so not sure which one is dropping. I've managed to save the fry from certain death with the fish I have in my tank. I've placed him in a floating hatchery. How long do Molly's give birth for? Just wanna know so I can step away from my tank and stop stalking my fish lol

it depends some gave birth again the next day and im hoping that's a hard not net breeders pin is it?

Long wait then lol. Yeah it's a 2 in 1 solid floating hatchery. I've spotted another one so have 2 in there now with some crushed up flake food

Cool. With the guppies and another two Molly's and 3 platy I think I'm gunna have a lot of fry on my hands soon

yea I have 3 prego mosquito fish and 3 prego fancy guppies not to mention having a batch of corys fry also so yea hands full and will be fuller tomorrow or sooner when the eggs hatch XD.

Back
Top Bottom