Is my platy pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainBooom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is my platy pregnant!?

image-787587910.jpg

image-2430689818.jpg

There are only 2 females in the tank but I bought them in the last week from my lfs.

Any ideas?

They probably are pregnant. You seldom buy virgins. Both guppies and a swordtail I bought were pregnant when I got them.

From the pictures do they look pregnant? I just need to know as was planning on buying more fish, but only have a relatively small tank so don't want to overstock.

It's hard to tell. The photos are there it kinda looks roundy square? :/ it's really hard to tell

From the pictures do they look pregnant? I just need to know as was planning on buying more fish, but only have a relatively small tank so don't want to overstock.

If you don't want the babies it doesn't matter, the other fish will just eat the fry. May I ask how small your tank is.

The tank is 27 litres so around 6 gallons. It's not that I don't want fry I just don't want to overstock :)

I know, I'm planning on doing 20/25% water changes at least once a week. And if I was to get any other fish was thinking maybe 3 white clouds. Or something along those lines :)

I know, I'm planning on doing 20/25% water changes at least once a week. And if I was to get any other fish was thinking maybe 3 white clouds. Or something along those lines :)

White clouds need lower temperature and more space. And honestly, I can't tell. I hate live bearers

The platy I have are temperate fish, they are variatus variety so are not tropical, kept at around 20 degrees c, which I believe white clouds are okay at as well :)

It's like a built in one with the tank, takes a coarse sponge and a fine sponge, that carbon stuff and that ceramic stuff in net bags.

Sorry I don't know much about filters! I'm a beginner. This is the first tank of my own. But ie done far too much reading haha

Back
Top Bottom