Is my platy pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No not recently. I keep fancy goldfish. Do you have some questions? Fire away, I am sure if I cannot help, someone can.

Yea she is definitely pregnant. Not too much longer and she will be ready to give you an amazing gift

Nice. Should I buy another female? To avoid stress etc? I only have one pair..

Nice. Should I buy another female? To avoid stress etc? I only have one pair..

I only have the one pair of platys in my tank as well and they both seem fine. Usually, when one of the females is pregnant (even if there is now than one female in all) the pregnant one is going to get harassed by the males. I would leave the two of them alone, as adding another one could cause her stress as well.

I only have the one pair of platys in my tank as well and they both seem fine. Usually, when one of the females is pregnant (even if there is now than one female in all) the pregnant one is going to get harassed by the males. I would leave the two of them alone, as adding another one could cause her stress as well.

I agree after she is done with pregnancy things will go back to normal but it will only stress her out to add another female into the mix

Plus it is prudent to quarantine!

I got a bunch of Rainbow Blue Platy. I think it was 6 or 7 and they are so pretty. Well after a few weeks, and I did absolutely nothing special, they were still in the quarantine tank as I was moving and didn't want to switch the tanks so close to moving, and I ended up with three drops of fry!!! LOL

Due to the darker coloration of the fish I had no clue they were even preggo!

I have around 25 babies for a reasonable cost if any one is interested, LOL!

Plus it is prudent to quarantine!

I got a bunch of Rainbow Blue Platy. I think it was 6 or 7 and they are so pretty. Well after a few weeks, and I did absolutely nothing special, they were still in the quarantine tank as I was moving and didn't want to switch the tanks so close to moving, and I ended up with three drops of fry!!! LOL

Due to the darker coloration of the fish I had no clue they were even preggo!

I have around 25 babies for a reasonable cost if any one is interested, LOL!

Where are you located? Would you be willing to ship? I live in tampa bbay florida...

Back
Top Bottom