Is my swordtail pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you guys! I'll keep her in the main tank. Should I still put her in the breeding box when she looks really close to having the fry?
And thank you for the link! I'll update if I see any fry or anything. I feel like there are lots of places for them to hide in case they are born in the tank, lots of plants and roots and places under my driftwood. My only concern is them getting sucked in by my filter.

Dont put the female in their. BUt when the fry are born. Put them in the breeder.

Okay sounds good, I'll keep a close eye on her in my main tank.

Saw my swordtail hiding by the bottom a lot last night so I put her in the breeding box and turned the light off and went to bed. This morning I woke up to about 10-15 little fry! All of them are alive too - I was afraid a lot would be dead but they look good so far.

I moved the mom out and took the V out and put an extra one of my plants in for the fry to hide in. The mom looks normal and is swimming around with the rest of the fish in the tank again with a much smaller belly.

I have some fry flake food but I was thinking of making them egg yolk too? How often should I feed them?

When I had fish as a kid they had fry but I was never able to keep them alive (looking back it was because I had no idea how to raise fish but I'm still really nervous about keeping these little guys going!)

Attachments

• IMG_2607[1].jpg
    IMG_2607[1].jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 62
Feed only an amount that they can completely consume within 3 minutes. Feed whenever the food you give them is gone. The more often you feed, the faster they grow. Pay close attention to ammonia levels. Growing fry produce lots of ammonia that is out of proportion to their size.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom