Is she gonna pop???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alia258

Aquarium Advice Addict
S my guppy gonna give birth??? I think she is but I'm not entirely sure! Help!!!

So I should put her in the floating box? Imma put her in there right now! :D

Sounds good. If she still doesn't give birth after a day or two of being in the net, you should take her out, so she doesn't get too stressed.

Aren't the boxes and nets pretty similar anyway? And yeah I know the 2 day rule with the box. I can't believe I'm awake! It's 6:00am! D:

I would say he has another day or so, to esafe add some moss or plants to your tank, if you see her breathing heavily and fast let her out, I use the 3 hour rule , and sometimes the overnight rule

Yea, watch her until she starts to lay on a plant or the gravel. Then when you see her vent start to widen put her in there, from the pics it looks like you have her in the box, was there no grate for the babies to fall through Ito the planted part of he box?

There is a grate about 1 1/2" from the bottom of the box and the plants are for the ones that swim up. How big should her vent be when she's gonna give birth?

Usually they have a vent 1/8th an inch but when they are birthing it goes to 1/4th ish of a inch also there will be a small little white or black (depending on her color) little thing that looks like she is tarting a poop but it Dosent come out, that is we're the fry will come out

She has dark fins but the rest of her body is pretty see through ^^ so white? I hope she pops soon!

I hope she has her babies soon, I'm excited to see how well I can raise them! I heard somewhere that you can mix egg white and crushed flakes and feed that to them with an eyedropper, I wanted a second opinion on that though. And how do you think they'd accept those green leafy buds on broccoli? I hear it can be really good for a fish, if they accept it ^^

Never tried any if those, I feed my fry algae wafer bots crushed flakes and they eat a lot of little stuff off of my java moss

Are crushed algae wafers good for the fry? And even the adults? If it is I might consider adding some to their diet ^^

Yea all my fish
Molly's guppys plays swordtails and an angel ad a gourmai all eat stuff like
Frozen bloodworms and black worms
Flakes
Algae wafers
Fry (not on purpose )
And the occasional brine shrimp

Back
Top Bottom