Is She Holding? PLEASE HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rustypleco

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello everyone im just wondering if you can tell me if my cichlid is holding?

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 78
This is a picture of here about a month ago. also a picture of the father if she is holding.

Attachments

• DSC_0290.jpg
    DSC_0290.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_0418.jpg
    DSC_0418.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 98
I can't really tell but sometimes you can actually see the eggs in her mouth. She will hide or be skirmish also she won't eat. These are some things they do when holding. (mines holding now )

i havent seen any eggs in her mouth, she seems to be at the bottom of the tank 90% of the time and she aint eating. her mouth has defernatly changed since last month. this is the reasons i suspected her have been holding.

rustypleco said:
i havent seen any eggs in her mouth, she seems to be at the bottom of the tank 90% of the time and she aint eating. her mouth has defernatly changed since last month. this is the reasons i suspected her have been holding.

Then I would just watch her closely and once they hatch I would separate her.

well i can confirm that she IS holding, today i saw the eggs in her mouth for the first time :)

will be my 3rd set of fry in under a week (all different fish!)

i cant remember off the top of my head, will find reciept out and let you know soon

couldnt find the reciept, i googled it and i know it is a peacock cichlid, maybe a OB peacock cichlid?

Back
Top Bottom