Is she pregnant yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImACoolguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I noticed one of my 2 females is now larger than before. I'm not sure of the signs but as the title states is she?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426725350.971701.jpg

And just in case, that is a little sand not poop on the floor of the net. Had a time catching her.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yes she is pregnant and it looks like she has at most one week left! If you can try posting a picture of her from the side so I can see if she has boxed off.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Yes it is thank you. She looks like she has about 1-2 weeks left so it would be better to take her out of the breeder trap so she doesn't get too stressed and drop the babies too soon.

Yes it is thank you. She looks like she has about 1-2 weeks left so it would be better to take her out of the breeder trap so she doesn't get too stressed and drop the babies too soon.

Oh okay will do! Definitely want them to live.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

You can put her back in when her belly starts to get boxy (either you can google guppy boxed off or when their bellies look very similar to this \___/) that could be in 10 days at the most but you can never be 100% sure.

yea shes big, i would heavily plant you tank with live plants, get a variety but especially some dense frilly leaved plants and java moss.

yea shes big, i would heavily plant you tank with live plants, get a variety but especially some dense frilly leaved plants and java moss.

It may sound cruel, but I don't intend to keep most of them. I'm going to take like 10 and house them separate to raise them to keep. Rest are being given away or fed to larger fish. Mama females being given away.

I just wanted to try the breeding experience once. LFS won't take them. Got an add on Craigslist for free guppies soon.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

well live plants are the best, it is probably the single best choice in the hobby i ever made. they are great for the fish they give the fish oxegyn, remove amonia and nitrites, consume co2 and give your fish a hiding spot

well live plants are the best, it is probably the single best choice in the hobby i ever made. they are great for the fish they give the fish oxegyn, remove amonia and nitrites, consume co2 and give your fish a hiding spot

Yeah I know. I maintain a 75g planted tank. On its way to being medium planted.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

good, well keep going if you have your tank well planted i would just let the fry live in there and some will survive.

Back
Top Bottom