Is this a bubble nest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It's saw this when I was doing a pwc tonight. I have 2 blue gouramis which I thought were both males.... Would they still make one if there wasn't a female?

Attachments

• image-1396103956.jpg
    image-1396103956.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 90
Yes. I had one male gourami before and he was building a bubble nest even without a female. That just shows that they are a happy and healthy fish. Although your picture doesn't look like it has plant matter. When gouramis make bubble nests, they put plant matter with it to hold the nest together. So i am not 100% sure if yours is a nest. It's probably going there.

And when I say plant matter, the fish will gather leaves from your plants and bring them to the nests and stuff the leaves in the bubbles, making the bubbles more clumpy looking. If yours are like that, then yes, you have a happy fish.

It depends on the fush i have a betta that make nests all the time without a female

If your filter has a water fall it could be bubbles gathering from the drop, it accumulates on my tank and I keep thinking it's a bubble nest but it's not. :)

Back
Top Bottom