Is this a bubble nest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BananaBecca

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, i have two dwarf gouramis one male and one female (charles and camilla)
and i was just wondering if this is a bubble nest?:confused: i noticed it today when i got home from work (which lead me to find my snails had multipled) and then i noticed that my female has gotten fatter and she has been feed no more than the rest of my fish. my male seens the be wither hanging around under his "nest" or chasing the female i have noticed him try to grab her with his thin fins things and he is chasing my kissing gourami away from the nest area. are my gouramis going to breed?
Nest:
DSCF4165.jpg
DSCF4166.jpg
gouramis
DSCF4167.jpg
DSCF4164.jpg

Hi, i have two dwarf gouramis one male and one female (charles and camilla)
and i was just wondering if this is a bubble nest?:confused: i noticed it today when i got home from work (which lead me to find my snails had multipled) and then i noticed that my female has gotten fatter and she has been feed no more than the rest of my fish. my male seens the be wither hanging around under his "nest" or chasing the female i have noticed him try to grab her with his thin fins things and he is chasing my kissing gourami away from the nest area. are my gouramis going to breed?
Nest:

gouramis

My boyfriend bred honey gouramis and he says that is indeed a bubble nest.. congrats :) he said that the male will guard it and then the female will lay her eggs in it when she's ready.. also when they hatch they look like little black commas.. hope this helps

I agree that it looks like a bubble nest :) give it time he will build it larger. If your looking to breed them I would separate the female out for about a week (if your able to) and condition the both of them. Good clean water, live foods etc. in that time the female will start producing eggs. The conditioning plays an important in the breeding because males can often get very aggressive with the females and you want them to be healthy during this process.

now there is a thing like an air bubble full of little bubbles with white things in, are these the eggs? if so how long before they hatch as i want to save the babies from my other fish

The nest got a bit destroyed by the plants moving in the filter, i cant get a picture as the camera just wont focus on it and i don't want to move the plants in-case these are eggs and they come loose

ok managed to get a picture, its not very clear and you cant see the white dots but out lined it in red so you can see it
DSCF4180.JPG

Back
Top Bottom