Is this fish pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevindavis1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I baught 3 female guppies today and 1 male all three females have a black graves on them this is the darkest one is she pregnant! She keeps going up and down the side of the tank and laying a the bottom of the tank

Yes, looks like 1 to 2 weeks preg. From experience, expect ~20 fry

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How long do you think it will be before she has fry? I just got her today from petsmart but unread where they sometimes come pregnant from the store

Also should I put her by herself in the mesh breeder with plants in it or just leave her Alone

Also should I put her by herself in the mesh breeder with plants in it or just leave her Alone

Just leave her be and let her do her thing. Provide floating plants fake or not for the fry to take cover once released. She will release them anywhere from a week to 3 weeks from now but if you stress her out she can abort them so just be paitent

Okay I have plants in there so they can go in when I was younger I had about a 50 gallon tank and had fake grass all in the bottom and I started out with 1 female guppy and 1 male and within a week there was over 60 guppies in my tank but they also had all the grass to hide in instead of the plants

Okay I have plants in there so they can go in when I was younger I had about a 50 gallon tank and had fake grass all in the bottom and I started out with 1 female guppy and 1 male and within a week there was over 60 guppies in my tank but they also had all the grass to hide in instead of the plants

There you go. Same concept. They will be released and immediatly take cover

Back
Top Bottom