Is this Molly Pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh my goodness! Yes, could you try to get a side picture though? I can better id with side pics

ill try the darn thing is camera shy lol..ill do it when i get back home from work which is in the AM.

not sure which picture would help so heres 2 pics.. [/ATTACH]

hehe the little balloon mollie is one of my favorites obviously i have an orange one.. but i also have a cool white one..

Attachments

• IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 121
I think your balloon Molly may be a male, but if it is a female then I don't that she is quite there yet. Maybe another few days. Se is starting to get a rounder corner were she should be square. Close lol

Bubbles0oO said:
I think your balloon Molly may be a male, but if it is a female then I don't that she is quite there yet. Maybe another few days. Se is starting to get a rounder corner were she should be square. Close lol

+1 I think shes a he

Yeah I don't know about te orange one but I do see him swimming right up to a bunch of my fish and he like nibbles right next to the poophole I don't know if that's a way of mating or if he's just being a pain in the @$!

He's probably trying to mate, or the female he's "nudging" is birthing and he's eating the baby's lol

Yeah I don't know about te orange one but I do see him swimming right up to a bunch of my fish and he like nibbles right next to the poophole I don't know if that's a way of mating or if he's just being a pain in the @$!
I hope he is just mating, and not eating her fry as they pop out! I would appreciate if you keep inappropriate language down to a minimum(E.G. poophole) We try to be appropriate and thoughtful of others here.

Ssorry didn't think poop ... Was bad language n no there's no fry

I'm going to concur with the others and say that the gold dust ballon belly is definitely male, doesn't look like the anal fin will fan out. If you ever see it fan out, then definitely female lol. A gorgeous fish by the way, and I'm not a fan of balloon belly's either :p
Your female molly (looked marbled/dalmation) is definitely pregnant, and if she's not a balloon belly, I'd say you've got about a week left at most before birth. Good luck, Molly's have, by far, the most pretty fry!

well the orange one is the male n the white balloon mollie is a female i found out.. i think shes pregnant cause the orange one has been busy if u know what i mean... and my 2 dolmations im not sure which one is m/f and im not sure if i do have a dolmation male... but anyway one of my black balloons is a male n the other is a female i have 2 frys from them.. i think its from them cant tell yet ill post a pic soon but now im wondering i saw a white fry today.. im assuming my white balloon mollie is prego. but i never find like 30 babies i only find like 1 or 2 i did read in places they can hold out on fertalizing the eggs until they feel is safe but i guess if my white one is preg. ill place her inside something let me know what you think heres a pic

IMG_2033.jpg

image-566406833.jpg

Would anyone be able to guess how long until my silver Molly will pop ? Or have a fair guess ? :/ I'm fairly new and don't really know how to tell ?

Would anyone be able to guess how long until my silver Molly will pop ? Or have a fair guess ? :/ I'm fairly new and don't really know how to tell ?

Sorry I can't really help but when mine were I noticed the other fish chasing her and up close to her back end.. there was a few times where I saw the babies fin and they were chasing her around while she was pushing it out so look out for those signs I guess

Back
Top Bottom