Is this my little mans bubble nest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nomadu571

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is this my little dg's bubble nest Or a random collection of bubbles? Opinions please? Also anyway to know if there are eggs/ fertilised eggs etc?? Also what to do if they are, or what to do if not? New to baby fish! Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• image-2458512315.jpg
    image-2458512315.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 104
  • image-87636857.jpg
    image-87636857.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 96
if u dont have a bubbler in the tank, its likely to be a bubble nest :)
no i dea about the eggs, u will have to watch how they behave.
have any paired?
are any DGs defending the bubbles?
do other fish try to eat the bubbles?
good luck if its true!! x

Nomadu571 said:
Is this my little dg's bubble nest Or a random collection of bubbles? Opinions please? Also anyway to know if there are eggs/ fertilised eggs etc?? Also what to do if they are, or what to do if not? New to baby fish! Thanks for reading!

I would say random bubbles, from my experience the bubble nests are normally on the surface of the water.

my siamese made bubble nests where the powerhead was (when it was off), they wouldnt stay on the surface somehow. kept popping, but were fine under the powerhead.

I have an internal filter with bubbler so could well be bubbles, but they look very organised to be random at the mo dunno tho. They are sort of on the surface where the water meets the underside of the floating island, but bubbles do collect there often, never seen it like this before, hence the bubble nest question. They are also seeming to be stuck together.

if u have a bubbler and theres that much water motion then it is probably random bubbles. can u answer the q's i gave so we can have an idea what we're looking at? :) x

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
if u dont have a bubbler in the tank, its likely to be a bubble nest :)
no i dea about the eggs, u will have to watch how they behave.
have any paired?
are any DGs defending the bubbles?
do other fish try to eat the bubbles?
good luck if its true!! x

I think my male has a better relationship with one of the females, there are two in with him, they don't hang around together but are alot more friendly to eachother than they are the other one. They are not defending them as such as nothing else is going near the bubbles, and as of yet I havnt observed the loach going for them.

I'll observe more behaviour and post again. I doubt they are eggs anyway just wanted to know if he is building it.

Nope doesn't appear to be a bubble nest to me. IME they typically like look like bubbles piled on top of bubbles. And the bubbles are smaller.

siva said:
Nope doesn't appear to be a bubble nest to me. IME they typically like look like bubbles piled on top of bubbles. And the bubbles are smaller.

Ok Thanku. Just to check though the magnet (Black thing) is only the size of a 2p or a quarter, so the bubbles are pretty small, interspersed with a few larger ones, but still tiny. But I will take the experienced word. I'll still watch and see behaviour just incase but I won't worry about fry. Thanks again.

Found this on YouTube, so there's hope for the old man yet.

Looks just like mine, plus it's on the underside of leaves and not surface, so might be in luck. But I'm not counting chickens yet. Still might be a coincidence.

Well the loach was all over the rock when I looked earlier, so I doubtful the bubbles are there anymore. Cheers for the help though everyone.

Hopefully, although if I want fry I'll have to do major moving to stop them getting munched, but it is good to think two are getting it on, lol.

Back
Top Bottom