is this normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00steppie00

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have only had a few fish give birth and so far I have missed all of them. This morning one of my pregnant guppies didn't eat and was just kind of hanging out in the top corner of the tank and everyone was nipping at her anal area, so I put her in the breeder box to keep the other fish away from her. Just now I went in and noticed the back of her looks strange so I took a few pictures. She looks almost reddish/clear I have never seen this happen before.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130528_191507.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130528_191507.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 64
  • ForumRunner_20130528_191521.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130528_191521.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 67
  • ForumRunner_20130528_191533.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130528_191533.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 63
The reddish is just the babies.There is nothing to worry about.Do you know about bettas?If you do can you answer my thread?It is in the breeding section.

If she is not eating and they are nipping at her it prolly means she is days away.. she may be letting off hormones that the others are attracted to.. i would say keep her separated for a few days so the bullies Can settle down a bit and maybe she will give birth for ya as well :)

So I let her out because everyone calmed down but she freaked out and wanted back in, should I let her stay in there?

I say you should let her stay in until she drops her fry. To put her in and out will only stress her and may cause her to abort. Its better to just leave her. Id say put her back in and turn off the lights for a while to help her settle.

Okay last question I promise lol. I let her back in and now she is swimming around dragging her belly?

Back
Top Bottom