Is this the 'gravid spot' on my guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southpaw

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help :)

Attachments

• image-2152675410.jpg
    image-2152675410.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2562651398.jpg
    image-2562651398.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 94
your light on one is so bright I cannot see and the other one is too dark to see behind her belly to answer your question

Yeah she has the spot alright, although it's not that prominent and it not always is. With respect, it's not the best pic. I know how hard it is to get a good one. She looks fairly pregnant, do you have any idea when she's due??

If you're receding to the black near her bottom anal fin, then yes. I wouldn't be worry about her giving birth yet as she has not squared or boxed off yet. If you want fry, don't stress her out until she is fully squared and keep her in the main tank, could be about a week or 2 till she pops

My apologies on the picture, dark part of the room and was getting frustrated at it. :p But I am clueless when she is due, this is the condition I received her in. As of now I do have her in a breeder tank, she was just hiding behind the filter in the main tank.

My apologies on the picture, dark part of the room and was getting frustrated at it. :p But I am clueless when she is due, this is the condition I received her in. As of now I do have her in a breeder tank, she was just hiding behind the filter in the main tank.

Wait until she looks squared or box like if you're gonna move her, because she might abort, good luck with all the babies :)

Back
Top Bottom