Its A Fishy Dream Come True!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppiesNSnails

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got up this morning to expect dead snails. But, a few days back, i saw my guppy pregnant. I thought she was due in a month! :rolleyes: But seems, she pegnant langer than a had her so....... BABY GUPPIESSSSSS :BIG: Four of then, first 2, then 3, then 4. When i go up next, i might see five! BTW, this is my first batch ever. Any help is appricated. :thanks: Mebbe later i can get you some pics of the mother and babies!

Well, i guess now there is SIX. Oh my...:ROFLMAO: she a first time mom though....

Now all we have to do is watch and wait....:popcorn:

The guppy might eat the babies if not removed

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The guppy might eat the babies if not removed

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There is so many places to hide! Its only 2 she-gupps in the tank now.
Also, i only have one tank.(y)

Fishobbsessed: My snails have been dying for a while :ermm: None more died yet.

You should keep your tank close to 78° as the fry will be most comfortable at . If your filter is strong then I suggest to lower the power If possible or replace it with a diy sponge filter . Since the guppy didn't give birth in a breeder box putting the fry in it will be a hassle . If you don't want them to reproduce like crazy I suggest to seperate the genders as soon as you can . They mostly hide inside gravel so I suggest not vacuuming it for a while . Enjoy watching them grow :)

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You should keep your tank close to 78° as the fry will be most comfortable at . If your filter is strong then I suggest to lower the power If possible or replace it with a diy sponge filter . Since the guppy didn't give birth in a breeder box putting the fry in it will be a hassle . If you don't want them to reproduce like crazy I suggest to seperate the genders as soon as you can . They mostly hide inside gravel so I suggest not vacuuming it for a while . Enjoy watching them grow :)

+1 My filter is clogged by plant pieces :whistle: Cant separate them; I call it only-one-tank-syndrom.:ROFLMAO: I feed them powdered up Tetramin plus food suplemented with powdered algae wafer. The wafor is because idont have it growing in my tank. Oh, BTW, now there are EIGHT guppy fry. The mother still has more in her but im afraid to put her in a breeder box. :banghead:

They should be fine . :cool: It sounds like your guppy isn't big enough to eat her babies because of the few amount she gave birth to compared to a full grown giving birth to 20+ :eek:

***UPDATE!***

Well, all eight guppy fry remain. She has stopped dropping but she looks like she has more :ermm: They keep getting bigger! They are on day 4.... The antisipation is getting to me.

Here's a picture from yesterday:
Sorry it's alittle blurry. They move SO fast!

Attachments

• GEDC1794.JPG
    GEDC1794.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 73
Remember that guppies can become pregnant up to 6 times with just 1 mating :sly:

**UPDATE**
No more fry, just eight. Day 4, looking like tiny guppies! ^_^

They must still look like little floating eyes :D you can start gendering then at. 1 week old

Congrats! Careful they don't get sucked up by the filter intake though! And don't overfeed. they don't eat much and you don't want your snail population exploding from all the extra food lying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They must still look like little floating eyes :D you can start gendering then at. 1 week old

About one week old, all of them there!

Chesmok: Contrary, my snails have been dying :(

Fisha: I thought it was one month?

Ops I ment depends on their growth they can mate at a month old usually 2 but you can start gendering at a week old :D

Ops I ment depends on their growth they can mate at a month old usually 2 but you can start gendering at a week old :D

Oh! and it turns out the momma was a snakeskin, so if i look closy i have some snakey babies :D

Fisha: Thats better :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom