Jag + JD = ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vegetarian fish nut

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My electric blue jack Dempsey and my jaguar have eggs. I think. They were kissing each other,i thought they were fighting, but I went to take out a piece of driftwood to put in a cave, and found large white eggs attached to the bottom. I put a jag and electric blue jack Dempsey in my 80gallon tank today, and the only other fish are angels and a electric blue hap.
The only two fish large enough to make eggs of that size are Amy jag and my jd. What will happen now? What should I do with these eggs? Please don't lecture me on my fish stocking. I know they don't normally get along, and I know that when they get bigger they might fight. That's why I monitor them closely. They are also not juveniles, their nearly full grown. Yes I do know how big they get. Thanks,

most will tell u to destroy the egs as cross breeds are a no no but do what ever u want with them just dont sell or give them away with out explaining what the fry are (if they make it that is) that being said based on your stock list ur not really gonna follow advice anyway lol thats asking for trouble hopefully the lip locking dosnt progress

i dont know why crossbreeding is such a big issue to be honest as there are many examples in the trade now that people dont have a problem with like the parrot cichlid and many more.

but its not against the law so do whatever you think is best everyone has diffrent opinions on things thats life im afraid.

Back
Top Bottom