Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-30-2014, 01:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Julii Cory mating?

So I've had one julii Cory for a while now, with 4 emerald Corys. Well today I went and finally got some friends, 2 more julii Corys. Shortly after adding the newbies, the one I've had goes up to one of the new ones send starts shaking like crazy. Is that a sign of potential babies in the not to far off future? I'm not ready to be a fish grandpa, I've only had my tank for about 4 months.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:10 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

youtube has some great videos on cory cats mating.

Pre-spawning activity includes males chasing females (can be the other way round), males 'dancing' to female, so just general interest in the opposite sex.

You will see when they are actually fertilizing the eggs because the male and female go into what's known as the T-position, where together they simply make the shape of the letter T. The female pushes on the mid section of the male, forming a T, getting him to fertilize the eggs.

Good Luck

Tags
cory, julii, mating

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com