Just added a male guppy to my 10g with my 3 females

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sholi

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i wanna get reAdy when they start breeding.

-when willni know one of the female is pregnant?
-when will i know when shes ready to lay?
-do they lay all of the fry at once or is it like one fry one day etc?
-how long until the guppy lays after finding her pregnant?

I have 2 methods on how to tAke care of the pregnant guppy
1)put the preg. Female in a netlike bowl (the bowl can cover up to 1/2 a gallon) with tiny holes inside the bowl until the female lays them all. After the fry is taken the female will sit for 24 hours then i'll put the female back in

2)i have a 2g tank with another heater and 2 4inch leaf of a java fern. Heat up the tank then acclimate the guppy in there. I have a little apple devoration where the fry could hide in and its not too big. After the the guppy lays them, 24 hours later i'll put the guppy back.

So which method is better?

sholi said:
So i wanna get reAdy when they start breeding.

-when willni know one of the female is pregnant?
-when will i know when shes ready to lay?
-do they lay all of the fry at once or is it like one fry one day etc?
-how long until the guppy lays after finding her pregnant?

I have 2 methods on how to tAke care of the pregnant guppy
1)put the preg. Female in a netlike bowl (the bowl can cover up to 1/2 a gallon) with tiny holes inside the bowl until the female lays them all. After the fry is taken the female will sit for 24 hours then i'll put the female back in

2)i have a 2g tank with another heater and 2 4inch leaf of a java fern. Heat up the tank then acclimate the guppy in there. I have a little apple devoration where the fry could hide in and its not too big. After the the guppy lays them, 24 hours later i'll put the guppy back.

So which method is better?

1.She will have a blk spot on her stomach
2.The way I use is if they separate themselves from the rest
3.depends
4.they lay about every month
5.I saw the second choice..anyways I just keep my fry with the adults in the main tank but I still get plenty of fry

so tony, when will i know when she's done laying eggs then?

Back
Top Bottom