Just had babies while at work.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwidman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my two pregnant guppies had fry while at work. She was the smaller of the two as well. She didn't get boxie either. She looked like she had another week or two and when I get home her belly is flat as a board so I knew she had to have birthed. Found two so far that survived. Her belly wasn't very big so I doubt she had that many anyways. Still, pretty cool :)
What is the best food to feed them? I would like some food that falls to the bottom for those that don't venture to the top of the tank. Thanks

Wait! Found another hiding in the grass. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424384991.568727.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Live brine shrimp is best, but the food golden pearls works very well. You can use crushed flake food but they will grow very slowly and may end up a snack for some other fish.

Awesome. Hopefully there is some at petco.

You know this is titled" just had babies while at work"

Sent from inside my fish tank

Lol. Always got to have that one person to make fish perverted... -.-

So it's confirmed I have 4 fry and I sadly couldn't get to a 5th before the mom ate it.

The other mom should birth sometime this week.

What is the brand? Thanks :)

I have noticed growth that is better than flake-fed fry. Also, a little of this goes a long way. The adults enjoy it too.

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

Quick update.

Found a few more hiding in the grass.

Now have 7 total.

Unfortunately tonight the mother started looking bad at 7PM. She deteriorated and was belly up by 9PM. Sad, but I think the birth may have been too much for her. But, her babies live on.

Back
Top Bottom