Kamikaze Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leah

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! I am new to this site and have some questions..... I have a 55 gallon Freshwater aquarium with 4 male and 4 female guppies, 2 mollies, three platys and 5 tetras. I have been trying to save the fry from the platys and guppies by putting the mom in one of those floating breeder boxes, the trouble with that is that the babies can get out through the ventilation slats in the sides of the box. So, then I got a tank separator and the fry could squeeze through the side and go Kamikaze into the main tank (and be eaten immediately). Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can save some of these babies? A separate tank is not possible due to space issues.

Leah

Nylon pantyhose stretched around the breeder box worked for my angel fry. Just a warning though, check with the wife before grabbing a pair...

Sorry, Right now I am trying to save the guppy fry, but I have tried to save platy fry also with the same problems.... I am the wife, so I'll go grab a pair of hose and see if I can stop the escape. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom