Keyhole question and some gratuitous pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cplawrence

Aquarium Advice Freak
First the gratuitous pics--these are three and a half week old albino cories:

Now for the question: in my other tank, I have a pair of keyhole cichlids that have spawned. It is a community tank, so I do not have much hope for the eggs unless they are removed, although the parents are defending their territory admirably. This batch of eggs is on an rock that is not easily removed. I will try and convince them to spawn elsewhere in the future, but after my misadventures with same sex relations among angelfish, I wondered if it was common that a pair of female keyholes would lay eggs?

Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• 4wks_mod1_752.jpg
    4wks_mod1_752.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 28
  • 4wks_mod2_119.jpg
    4wks_mod2_119.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 33
  • 4wks_mod3_146.jpg
    4wks_mod3_146.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 33
First, I looked but I cannot see the cories. :shock:

Secondly, from my understanding, angels are the only cichlids that behave in such a manner (one female taking on the characteristics of a male). You can have both females laying eggs (and eating them very quickly) but another female will never be allowed to get near the eggs.

Jchillin--thank you for the feedback; hopefully that means I'll be seeing some keyhole babies in the future.

Sorry about the pics though. I have never been all that adept at taking pictures of the fish and these little ones are hard being so tiny (and cute!). I will modify those posted highlighting the cories.

Back
Top Bottom