Killifish Spawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Owl307

Aquarium Advice Freak
:invasion: OK i have now set up a ten gallon tank and cycled it! I am going to breed killifhish in it like I have always done before. Here is how i do it. I set up the tanlk,cycle it,put a clump of java moss and a few plants. place one male one female golden wonder panchax killifish in it and let them do there thing. I remove eggs once a day or every one to two days.Now this time I have no gravel and two females. Do you think this is an improvement? What do you think I could do to improve my spawning method? I am open to suggestions!:rolleyes:these are the fish in the ten gallon Shine is the male on the top right cloud is the female next to him below clouds photo is cloud and glimmer, shimmer my other female and Wine the other male are in my main tank

Attachments

• killifish 004.jpg
    killifish 004.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 143
  • killifish 008.jpg
    killifish 008.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 147
  • killifish 003.jpg
    killifish 003.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 126
  • killifish 007.jpg
    killifish 007.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 120
looks great! do you have any pics of a pregnant golden wonder, and or any pics of the spawn? how much did the tank in your pic cost?

Nice tank, but IMO grossly inadequate. Your concern (once again IMO) should be the fishes survival versus their reproduction at this point. 2 1/2 mini-bow correct?

Sorry. That is not a 10G tank.

I'm pretty sure the largest mini-bow they make is a 5 gallon..

Its a ten gallon bow. I actually got it at a resale store and i just washed it out really well. I believe i have a older video of a spawn if you would like to see it.

They mislabeled it I'm afraid. The size of the plastic plant bases makes it pretty apparent. We have and have had many sizes and types of small tanks. They are great for food cultures and inverts.

Back
Top Bottom