Kribensis behaviour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GorJess

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my kribs are in a tank with some bolivian butterflies, rustys, fuellborni, ellioti and some snails.
They have bred together before but in a different tank most of the fry were eaten by the parents but I managed to save about 7!!
The cave they bred in around 8 weeks ago is now in the tank with all the cichlids.
Mother fish was colouring up nicely with a big round belly and had a Lil thing sticking out where her 'female parts' are..
About 3 days ago I noticed she was still round but not colorful. Him and her seem to be spending a Lil bit of time together in the cave but come out to eat. I only usually see one at a time in the cave. One goes in and the other one comes out. But they seem to be spending time together in there. They are both shooing away other fish. Which makes me think obviously there are eggs in there.
But I'm a bit confused I have seen him in the cave a few times tonight on his own shimmying his body.. Isn't that spawning behaviour?? She is not there when he is doing it could he be fanning eggs,,??? Could they still have not spawned yet?? I'm confused . What is the little white thing that sticks out near the genital region?? My butterflies have it too!?

Take a flashlight and look in the cave for eggs. Placing an established pair in a tank established and claimed by other cichlids is likely stressing them too much to spawn. You may with to move them.

Back
Top Bottom