Let's play a game... Mystery Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angry the Clown

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today I found a couple of fry in my tank. No idea what they are, and I figured that I would present a game to you to see who can figure out what they are. I am totally unprepared for fry (obviously wasn't expecting them) so I am going to try and do what I can to keep them alive.

After finding the first, it was a mad dash to try and capture it. He ended up hiding near my cannister intake, and you guessed it... down to the filter it went. Had fun ripping my cannister apart to find it, but I got the little guy and the filter got cleaned.

All the gunk in the below picture is the mulm from the filter. You can see the full resolution photo Here

mystery-fry-small.jpg

Any guesses?

what fish do you have in the tank?
Im taking a wild guess is it a danio?

what fish do you have in your aquarium? it would help narrow the options down, but three things I noticed are
large eyes
hard to tell but "maybe" an superior mouth shape, meaning it would be a surface feeder
long(er) tail
just my observations...

an excerpt list from the following post

Fish
15 neon tetras
6 columbian tetras
1 betta splendens
8 cories (various)
5 albino bristlenose plecos (2 parents, 3 year old fry)
1 otto
1 platy
2.2 german blue rams

I guess the game is for not.. the fry didn't make it through the night, and I haven't found any additional in the tank. :cry: I will keep looking though. Thanks all for the comments.

Skyrmir said:
Okies, assuming you've had the platy alone long enough that it didn't pop out a few pups. That's a cory fry!

Ah but Platies can hold sperm for upwards of a year before giving birth. It looks just like my swordtail fry so I would guess platy.

Back
Top Bottom