Lighting for angelfish fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gourami gal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just wondering if there is any benefit to having the lights on 24/7 for my fry tank? I've noticed more deaths at night... And I recently read having lights on 24/7 prevents this. sounds a bit far fetched - but anyone find non stop lights to help?

Never heard of doing this, curious if anyone else has. I just do standard lighting time on my Endlers grow out tank.

Probable they don't recognise them selfs maybe they misunderstand their tails for worms ? Maybe i seen some of my fry bitting each other's tails

Peace and Success to your fishes from my iPhone

Just wondering if there is any benefit to having the lights on 24/7 for my fry tank? I've noticed more deaths at night... And I recently read having lights on 24/7 prevents this. sounds a bit far fetched - but anyone find non stop lights to help?

I believe that's one of the "Old Wife's Tales" as a healthy fry will survive with the lights off while an unhealthy one will die at any time. Considering that there will always be deaths in a spawn due to genetic inferiority, I don't put too much stock in using the light hours to avoid deaths. HOWEVER, there is a correlation to light hours and color patterns in some colors of Angels. You can read all about that here: TAS Library - Dr Norton Article: Continuous Light Affects on Patterns

Hope this helps. (y)

Back
Top Bottom