Live Bearer's Still won't Breed 5 Months Later.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazyhermitcrab

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I setup my 40 gallon in December.
I stocked it with the following fish:
4 female bettas
2 guppies
3 mollies
3 Cory cats
2 Otto cats
6 shrimp
1 tiny pleco

Now 5 months later I still have no babies!
Ammonia- 0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-5
Ill test again to check
Why aren't they breeding? It's great filter with great heat, tins of plants, mostly natural.

Live bearer's still won't breed 5 months later.

Were did you buy the fish? If you only had say three guppies id say their sterile, but with all these fish. Hmm....

So...the mollies are supposed to breed? you sure you have male and female? And with all those fish, I would bet my money that they get eaten within 2 seconds of birth, specially the betas.

two guppies probably the same sex, or else that female would be harassed like crazy by the male.

so they both are male? Ok. So the mollies are your breeding trio and I getting this right?

First of all I know little about breeding livebearers, but I think mollys, swordtails, platys, and guppies would all cross breed... You could take out everything except the livebearers and cats and then add a few platys or more guppies. If its been this long then one or multiple fish must be sterile. In less than a month you should have fry, try going to petsmart and picking out a couple pregnant female guppies. Luck be with you.

The selection he has will not crossbreed. The guppy female is probably too stressed and most likely aborts her fry. I can never tell when my mollies are preggo, I just suddenly see babies. Could be your case.

First of all I know little about breeding livebearers, but I think mollys, swordtails, platys, and guppies would all cross breed... You could take out everything except the livebearers and cats and then add a few platys or more guppies. If its been this long then one or multiple fish must be sterile. In less than a month you should have fry, try going to petsmart and picking out a couple pregnant female guppies. Luck be with you.

Thank you, I am going to purchase some more guppies in a week. My friends platy had babies, so I'm getting them today.

Both your guppies are female

I'm pretty sure the black tailed one was male. Any way I got babies. I gave the "sterile" pair to my friend and got some fertile fish. So far the guppies have had babies. Also I have gotten 3 batches of molly fry from my friend.

10 babies mollies, 2 juvenile. Ages are: 4 months, 2 months, 1 month

Here is one of the 1 month olds

Here are the baby guppies, really hard to see. They are transparent and tiny. 3 hours old.

My female had 13!

Here she is. She is the one on the right. Does she have more fry still?

She breed with one if theses 2 males

Back
Top Bottom