LiveBearer Pregnancy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol yeah, it's her reflection. There will be more mommas soon though. I have 3 females and 1 male, and I'm pretty sure the other 2 are starting to look preggo.

Yea nets and traps stress out females, I only use them for when the mom is actively dropping fry. Otherwise she roams free in the tank.

Should I put her in the trap I'm going on a trip for 2 days and my brother is watching my fish but he wont know what to do with the fry

ForumRunner_20120429_080541.jpg

ForumRunner_20120429_080719.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120429_080635.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120429_080635.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 51
I would try to avoid putting her in the trap for 2 days. I believe someone said it was like shoving a human mother into a closet to give birth. If you have a tank hats empty and you have a filter and lid, try putting her in there. The second momma looks like she's going to give any day

So what do you think I should put her in when I leave and then take her out when I get back it's a 1 night 2 day trip I need answers I leave tomorrow at 4 am

Well I would look into a divider. If you really want her fry divide her offinto a part of the tank aloe with tons of plants. You should check the plants when you get back.

I have that exact one. It would still be better to divide a part of te tank off. Worst case you miss this batch and get the next one. The box would be like a death scent emcee to leave her in there for 2 days when your not there.

She will be fine :) all hose stories about finding a dead momma and no fry and from people who didn't notice she was Preggo . The fry will most Lilly hide well, and your mommy fish will try to find a hiding place to irth, het alone usually saves a lot of fry.

Back
Top Bottom