Long-Fin Leopard Danio-Pregnant???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animallover09

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've noticed for a couple of weeks now that my long-fin leopard danio is getting pretty chunky. Please let me know what you think. Here's whats in my 50 gallon tank:

1 long fin leopard danio
1 long fin gold danio
2 long fin zebra danio
3 white skirt tetras
1 mystery snail
2 ghost shrimp

Also, would it be possible for different types of danios to breed? Because this is the only leopard danio in the tank. I've noticed that the leopard danio will chase the gold danio into a corner everytime it comes out.

I've had these fish for about 5 or 6 months now. I added another zebra danio and the mystery snail on monday.

Attachments

• CAM01104.jpg
    CAM01104.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 150
That's what mine looked like a week ago. Yesterday I noticed all these tiny guys on my glass and hiding in my plants and under my gravel! She is much skinnier now. I have read that they will inter breed.

I have three leopard long fins. Two male two female. Were you trying to breed? Apparently it's not as hard as I thought. I did a waste change and the fresh water must have been cooler than I thought and to help with stress I gave them baby brine shrimp. All breeding triggers.

Face palm!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400371240.872997.jpg

Hmm. My fish still looks that way. I wonder how long it takes because she has been that big for a while. And I haven't tried breeding them. I guess it just kinda happened. I hope if she does have some that they will survive.

Back
Top Bottom