Look at this picture, what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meashkah

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone here able to guess how much longer I have before fry?

image-269717858.jpg

I should also add that she is eating and being very territorial, she is chasing the other female (I feel bad for the other one). I was wondering if this was because of the pregnancy or something else???

image-1444443748.jpg

I'd say she could pop at any moment now her stomach is really squared off

Well then I think that Both my females will be giving birth at about the same time! The other one is even larger. She is acting normal. I've only had them for 3 weeks! Kind of a bad pic but that's my other female. Thanks for responding!

I had to move the guppy. She was relentlessly harassing the other two. She marked almost the entire front of the tank as hers! They weren't allowed near her.

Do you want the fry to survive or do you not care if they die? They do look like popping any day now. The black spot is quite large and will prob give birth within this week or next week.

Do you want the fry to survive or do you not care if they die? They do look like popping any day now. The black spot is quite large and will prob give birth within this week or next week.

I don't necessarily WANT them to die but I am taking no special precaution to keep them alive. My tank has lots of hiding spaces and live plants so there could be a couple survivors.

I don't necessarily WANT them to die but I am taking no special precaution to keep them alive. My tank has lots of hiding spaces and live plants so there could be a couple survivors.

Ok. But fry need to be fed either baby brine shrimp or crushed to dust flakes. They may survive on there own and try to eat the flakes/food you give the parents if any floats down.

Ok. But fry need to be fed either baby brine shrimp or crushed to dust flakes. They may survive on there own and try to eat the flakes/food you give the parents if any floats down.

Yes I already feed baby brine in the tank as a special treat and I will crush flakes also. I have very tiny rasboras in the tank that I crush flakes for already (probably will have to make it wen smaller). Maybe there will be survivors?

There will be a chance as long as they have enough food, enough hiding spaces, and the water conditions are good. The flakes have to sink though or else the fry can't get it. Try to have hiding spaces near the heater because that is where most babies are born, near the heater.

There will be a chance as long as they have enough food, enough hiding spaces, and the water conditions are good. The flakes have to sink though or else the fry can't get it. Try to have hiding spaces near the heater because that is where most babies are born, near the heater.

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it. :)

Thank you for all your help. Maybe I could keep the adults and larger fish occupied and feed the front simultaneously with the back (heater area) to help improve their chances of snagging food?

Thank you for all your help. Maybe I could keep the adults and larger fish occupied and feed the front simultaneously with the back (heater area) to help improve their chances of snagging food?

You could definitely do that. But make sure the true food sinks fast enough or else the adults may notice and swim back there and discover the fry and eat them. Baby brine shrimp should sink fats enough. Just use one of those eye dropper things. ( I forgot the name ).

Back
Top Bottom