look what i found today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaronjohn20

Aquarium Advice Freak
Obviously angelfish eggs. Origanlly I thought all 4 were males and wanted to rehome 3 and try again

ForumRunner_20121002_183733.jpg

Does anyone know if covering the aquarium where they laid the eggs a good idea? To keep the parents from getting stressed, or think its not a safe place and eat the eggs? What about keeping the lights on? I come home from work this morning and turned their light on and there are less eggs than there were last night before lights out. Kinda dissappointed but this is the first time. Also how long before the eggs start to turn color? Hatch? My water temp is 78f. I think the temp plays a part on how long till they hatch but I am unsure.

usually it take a few times for them to get it rite and not eat them. after eggs are layed it takes 3 days till they hatch. if they are eating them and u want babes i would put something in there for them to lay eggs on and pull them out and hatch them your self. if u choose to do this pm me and i will give u the details on how to do it and what to use. i have 10 breeding pair and i love my angels . i just had 2 batches of eggs hatch yesterday.

bob mccoy said:
usually it take a few times for them to get it rite and not eat them. after eggs are layed it takes 3 days till they hatch. if they are eating them and u want babes i would put something in there for them to lay eggs on and pull them out and hatch them your self. if u choose to do this pm me and i will give u the details on how to do it and what to use. i have 10 breeding pair and i love my angels . i just had 2 batches of eggs hatch yesterday.

Thanks for the help. I think I'm just gonna let them do their own thing for the first few times to see how things go. I'm not even totally sure that I have a male and female yet. It could be 2 females lol. But once again thanks. Oh and is it a good idea to cover the spot where the eggs are to help

Left the lights on all night last night and no more eggs have disappeared. I was looking into the tank from above like in my second pic and only 2 eggs appear to be white. The rest are a tannish/brown color. :)

Woke up today and not quite half the eggs are white. Today is 2 full days since they were laid. Not sure if there unfertilized or getting mold on them.

Come home from work this morning and all eggs are gone. I suspect they have been eatin :(

Or they may have been moved, the parents will do this with the good eggs. Keep an eye on them and see if they are guarding anything otherwise better look next time!

Back
Top Bottom