Looking for a nice breeder cage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J.Serrano

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can any of you guys provide me some insight about which breeder cage to buy? Looking for a good one that is relatively inexpensive.

I got a few guppies and platties that are apparently eager to have babies, but i have a few zebra danios that might eat the fry... I actually saw one baby (my first one) yesterday but i havent seen any since then. I hope none of the other fish ate him...

Can any of you guys provide me some insight about which breeder cage to buy? Looking for a good one that is relatively inexpensive.

I got a few guppies and platties that are apparently eager to have babies, but i have a few zebra danios that might eat the fry... I actually saw one baby (my first one) yesterday but i havent seen any since then. I hope none of the other fish ate him...

How big is your current tank? I would suggest a heavily planted 36-55 gallon tank. Lots of floating plants helps.

My tank is 30-gallons. Moderately planted with fake plants though... Its my first aquarium so i didnt want to go to live plants right away...

I got a few nice places in my tank where babies could hide, but i have no floating plants...

Just trying to understand what should i do when i see babies in my tank.

Here is a pic of my tank... Any suggestions would be appreciated.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401677170.929576.jpg

I saw another baby today, he was hiding inside one of the plants. Maybe half a centimeter long. He was quiet and laying on the sand. Eventually he swam a little bit and got out of the plant and a platty ate it! :(

I didnt have a chance to save him. I need a breeder cage for when i get other babies. I want to save them, not leave them as food for my savage fish...

Back
Top Bottom