Looking for a project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quinnmquinn

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I'm looking to breed a pair as a hobby,I have a cycled 29 gallon ready. In the past I have bred convicts (I know easy), but I'm looking for something a little more challenging. I haven't experimented with live bearers, but am looking for something with some parenting skills. What should be recommended?

Sent from my PG86100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

German blue rams. They spawn easily but can vary in parenting skills.
I've just had mine lay eggs for the first time...kinda excited this is all new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok, I'll get a pair and try them out, how long did you have them before they spawned? And about how many did they produce? Don't want a ton I can't get rid of

I've had them for about 4 months. They are still very young they were maybe 3-4 months old when I got them. They from what I've gathered become sexually able really young and yeah I'm excited for how this turns out. It Varies I've read. They can produce more eggs as they get older about now I have somewhere between 75-100 eggs.

Exciting, keep me updated!

Female is fanning eggs and guarding the cave like a hawk. They were taking turns guarding and fanning whilst the other ate and chased off my cherry barbs.

Are you still thinking of the gouramis or are you getting GBRs? The rams are really nice too but I've never kept them before so I don't really know :p

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

You could always consider both as possible options for tank mates. One of the smaller dwarf species of gouramis would be ok. I have a pearl in with my GBRs they seem to get along quite well.

No I have spare tanks enough for gouramis and rams,I consider them both center piece fish, so they both deserve their own spotlight tanks

No I have spare tanks enough for gouramis and rams,I consider them both center piece fish, so they both deserve their own spotlight tanks

Alas, the spotlight is meant for one.
(or two for a pair lol)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Lol yeah, in my opinion there are spotlight fish, and there are tetras and cats lol

Came home knowing that there would either be fry or no fry and I got no fry but it's all good I'm prepared for next time.

Back
Top Bottom