Male balloon mollies fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylittlemollies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,
I have 2 make balloon mollies that have just started fighting constantly!! I have 4 females in with them and 2 of my Mumma fish have recently given birth. Could this be why the makes are fighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The males fight sometimes but I don't think you need to worry about it. If one is visibly smaller than the other than you can keep an eye on them. IME the males brawl every once in a while and then ignore each other the rest of the time:)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Your Mollies

Hi everyone,
I have 2 make balloon mollies that have just started fighting constantly!! I have 4 females in with them and 2 of my Mumma fish have recently given birth. Could this be why the makes are fighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hello My...

The males are establishing a territory. It happens. This is the reason why you heavily plant the surface of tanks if you keep Livebearing fish. Attached is a pic of a 45 tall Livebearer tank with a lot of plants on the surface. In this tank there's Hornwort. This way a bullied fish can move up into the plant to hide from the bully. This is also good for fry to escape aggressive adult fish.

Surface plants keep the peace and make the shy fish more comfortable.

Just a suggestion, though.

B

img_3026111_0_ca96ec33025ecaa513a0699ca0352f80.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom