Male guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Think my male guppy is trying to mate with my Molly it's kinda weird ... Has any one else anything like this? I did have him a female guppy but he killed her :-(

Yes they will!!! Before one of my male guppies died the two male guppies would play with eacother and try to stab eachother it was the fishy version of tag!

That's funny but I don't understand why he killed the female guppy if he did wanna breed... Could the actually cross breed tho? Silly question I know

Oh ok. Should I try to get him another female or just let them as is

If you have enough room in your your stock try adding three females for your one male. Usually it is recommended it have 2 females per male (I usually do three) that way the male will have more to distract his attention instead of focusing on one particular female. Males have a tenancy to stress females out some even to the point of death because of the constant need/want to reproduce.

I have in tank now, 3 ballon mollies, 6 glo fish, a DG, and 3 bleeding heart tetras, and a baby feather fin cat fish ( but he will be moving once he grows a lil more)

Back
Top Bottom