male guppy try to mate with female molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celeste

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The last few days i've seen my male guppy trying to mate with my female molly. Has anyone else had a problem with this. It's kinda funny to watch since she is much bigger then him. But i'm wondering if he is confused since i never see him bother my female guppy but she is also pregnant. Unfortantly my other female guppy died. Do i need to get him another female so he will leave the molly alone?

i think 2 more females would do him good. that way the stress is spread out over the 3 of them and he can stop trying to This portion of your post has been edited, it is in violation of the User Agreement. Further violations of the User Agreement could result in removal from our community. the molly lol. u might want to change the name of your thread though to get more responses. "male guppy trying to mate with female MOLLY"

u might want to change the name of your thread though to get more responses. "male guppy trying to mate with female MOLLY"

LOL thanks for catching my mistake. I'm starting to think i'm going to have to get him some more females I think he is starting to stress out the molly.

oh he will stress her out without question. i actually had a molly that was absolutly infatuated with my red tail shark lol. 2 more females should be more than enough to keep him busy and the females happy. hope it works out for ya

My male molly baby who is 4 months old trys to mate with guppies. LOL. He is going back into the main tank tonight.

Moved to Freshwater and Brackish: Breeding forum.

Mr. Funktastic, please try to be a little more careful in your word choice.

i think somebody said they had a silver guppy that was a mix of a silver molly and a guppy? i forgot who though

I know that swordtails and mollies can interbreed, can guppies and mollies? That could either be some really pretty fry or some really UGLY fry....

Are their colorings the same? He might be confused, thinking she is a guppy!

i had a similar thing happen to me. I had bought 8 ALL male guppies (i didn't want a million fry) and put them in my main tank with 6 platies and 6 mollies. All the guppies were continually harassing all the female platies and molies, so they got their own tank in my bedroom. Much happier and less stressed out fish all the way around now.

Back
Top Bottom