Missing shrimp eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beglely

Aquarium Advice Freak
A little over a week ago i noticed one of my shrimp had a large mass on its underside that the next day i confirmed was eggs. I have been anxious to wait for the shrimp to hatch and see if i could keep the spawn alive. However this evening i returned from work and discovered the female no longer carried the eggs and there are no spawn in the tank...is it possible she ditched the eggs? any thoughts?

i had the same thing happen with a whisker shrimp i had. so after a lot of reading, some shrimps have a larval stage after they hatch from eggs. during this stage a lot can happen, fish snacks, filter debris, and i think certain varieties need to swim to brackish/saltwater before they can mature.
i was very disappointed when i had no shrimp babies. red cherry shrimp breed rapidly, and once the eggs hatch there are mini shrimp.
adorable.:invasion:

haha yeah thats what i was hoping for...its possible they became filter food but who knows. Salt water may have had something to do with it as well! I was just hoping to start breeding shrimp on the side for fun and as a feeder food for when i get my bigger tank. I just bought 2 more shrimp for a total of 6 so im assuming this wont be my first batch of eggs and ill get to try again soon!

Im also heading back home this weekend and the lfs there has one of the better shrimp selections ive seen so im going to pick up something a little fancier than ghost shrimp haha

What kind of shrimp do you have and what kind are you looking for? I sell red cherry shrimp, yellow shrimp, and snowball shrimp and I guarantee that I can beat the quality and price of your LFS. Shipping is not a problem either. If you are interested in getting some let me know (send me a private message)and I can ship them out on Monday along with the other 4-6 packages I'm sending out.

Back
Top Bottom