Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UDCatFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A friend of mine has a female molly that just gave birth. She was able to rescue about 2 dozen of the fry from the parents and other fish. How many babies to mollies usually have? Once they start to have the babies, how long does before all the fry are expelled? And finally, how often do they produce babies? I do not know about mollies so I could not answer her questions. Any help is greatly appreciated

I know the period for guppies is roughly 30 days more or less, this could be universal to all livebearers.

Livebearers will reproduce every chance they get. Expect lots and lots of babies. This is why they are so common and cheap in the hobby.

Fry are most sensitive to water parameters so extra care to water quality should be provided.

Many breeders feed newborns newly hatched brine shrimp as it is very nutritious yet small enough for them to consume.

Caleb

They can also be fed cooked egg yolk.

But since they are so common, and we don't want so many live bearers, we just let them in the tank and the strongest survive. Else, nature does its thing and they either die or get eaten.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom