Molly breading questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TN Tanks

Aquarium Advice Regular
I purchased some mollies for both of my tanks, and they are really graceful fish. I put all black ones in my 135 gal and mixed colors in m 150 gal. I guess I was cooking them as my temp in my 150 stayed about 83 F, so I turned it down and havent lost anymore so far.

My question is, how often do they breed, as that was my idea for the tanks, some feeder livebearers. Anything I can do to help?

hahah! I thought you wanted cooking tips...I was gonna suggest soup is better with such small fish :lol:
Don't know nothing about mollies except they fill tanks with fry and like salt...haha!
Hmm, ,breading...fries....salt....
just need vinegar!

TN Tanks said:
My question is, how often do they breed. Anything I can do to help?
Hi. Mollies generally give birth on an average of once a month. Feed them high-quality food, often, and you will soon have more mollies than you'll know what to do with. Be advised that mollies ARE predacious and will eat their young as fast as they drop them, so provide plenty of cover for the fry to hide in. Good luck! - Frank/Guppyman

Back
Top Bottom