Molly bullying possible pregnant?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucyjmoo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hiya,

Im hoping im in the correct place writing this.

Ive noticed in the last few days the 2 female dalmatian mollys we have chasing around and one 'nipping' at the other, i noticed the one getting 'nipped' or nudged by the other seems to have got bigger, as in pregnant but i cant be sure as due to her colouring the gravid spot isnt very easily identifiable, there is a slight dark marking that could be it, i know they dont always get a visiable one so thats not always a reliable way of telling etc.

The other molly wouldnt give her any peace at all so i decided to seperate them for now putting the one i suspect to be pregnant in a breeding trap, i dont really want to keep her in there for any extended period of time so i thought i would share a picture and ask if in your opinion:-

A) is she pregant?
B) is she far from giving birth?

1175283_10151894320344575_295520621_n.jpg

I no shes not looking very squared off or anything but she looks much bigger than the other molly.

Any advice would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Lucy x

theres a way to test her pregnancy, if you want the babies, just leave her, if you don't, just put the net next to her and try to scare her with it, she will automatically abort the pregnancy

Back
Top Bottom