Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

molly fry!

I just went to the lfs and they gave me 5 baby black mollies for free. They are floating in the tank as I type. I am so happy! I have wanted baby fish to raise for the longest time. Anyway, I am going to put them in my breeding trap for now until I can free up a five gallon tank for them. I have one cycled with a betta. I'm thinking of getting a tank divider and moving Spike the betta into the big tank for a while while the baby mollies get comfortable in his 5 gallon. But they are really tiny, I think the breeding trap will be ok for a few days to a week.

I heard that you can crush up flake food, and I also bought hikari first bites for the babies. Is it true that you can feed them egg yolk too? Or should the food I have be sufficient? I work during the day, would it be ok for me to drop in an algae pellet or a shrimp pellet in for them while I'm away? OR will they graze on the little organisma in my java moss?

Thanks.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
With livebearer fry, I just crush up their regular flakes to a finer size. The food you have will be sufficient. I wouldn't bother with the algae wafer, feed them a bit when you get up, a bit more when you get home and a bit more when you go to bed. Don't feed more than they eat in a couple of minutes or your nitrates will go through the roof. Livebearer fry are very easy to raise. The breeder trap will be fine for them. Congrats.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fry, molly

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com